It’s free from Gluten, Dairy, Eggs, Potato, Nuts, Gum’s …. AND it tastes GREAT!
Print off the easy recipe below and enjoy it in your home today.
We use this flat bread for tacos, naan, wraps . … it actually rolls and does not break! A definite hit with the entire household.
We are making the Indian Coconut Curry Chicken from the following cookbook (I can’t post the recipe … but you can make from your own book!). This flat bread we will roll out a bit thicker and use like Naan Bread tonight.
- 100 grams Coconut Flour
- 55 grams Arrowroot or Tapioca Starch make sure you do not use Tapioca FLOUR!
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1.5 cups Warm Water
- 3 tbsp Psyllium Husk whole not powdered
- In a bowl, measure the flour, starch, salt & garlic powder. Mix with a whisk and set to the side.
- In a 2 cup glass measuring cup, add the warm water & psyllium husk. Stir & then let sit for 30-45 seconds until thickened. Do not let it sit longer!
- Then add the water mixture to the dry ingredients and mix. You can do this by hand or with your mixer.
- Let the dough sit for a couple minutes while you grab a pastry mat, rolling pin and some extra tapioca starch to roll (use sparingly).
- You choose the size of your flat bread/wrap. I usually make about 7-8 with my dough. I do use a digital scale and make sure each ball of dough is the same, this allows for all pieces to look and cook the same … plus, my husband is a diabetic so it makes for easy carb counting!
- Heat a griddle to 350F and drizzle with oil. Cook the flat bread/wrap 1 to 2 minutes per side. They are best if you eat them right away. The extras can be stored in a sealed container for a day or two.