We are under heavy snow fall warning, here in Alberta. It makes me want to bake bread and put on a pot of soup. If you would like to do the same …. print off and try the soup that I’m making today and take a peak at my families two favourite bread recipes (mine is also dairy and egg free!).
- 8 cups Homemade Chicken Stock homemade is best, if not I would use Epicure Chicken Stock as it is GF
- 2 pounds Carrots, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1/4 cup Onion, chopped
- 2 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 2 Potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon Basil, dried
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Pepper
- Place carrots on a baking sheet and drizzle with a bit of oil. Then put the carrots in a 400 F degree oven for 40 minutes. Stir once half way through baking.
- Heat oil in a stock pot and add garlic and onion. Cook for one minute. Stir often. Add the potato and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add broth to the stock pot and bring to a boil. Then turn the heat to low, place the lid on the stock pot and simmer.
- Add the basil, carrots, salt and pepper to the stock pot. Simmer for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Use a hand held emersion blender and blend the soup. It will look like creamed soup when you are done.
Reminder, if you haven’t downloaded your Christmas Gluten Free Baking e-Cookbook … check it out here!