I love making sugar cookies for every occasion. Check out this video on how to decorate cute pumpkin cookies. Icing Recipe can be printed below.
Quick Step by Step Decorating Demo
I’ve revamped my old sugar cookie recipe and made it gluten free. My family members who are not celiac like it better than ‘glutenated’ sugar cookies, I hope you do as well. You can find my recipe in my CHRISTMAS Gluten Free Cookbook. If you purchase the Christmas Gluten Free Cookbook by October 31st, the flour recipe that I use for my Christmas Baking will be sent to you as a bonus.
Sugar Cookie Decorating Icing
- 1 Bag Icing Sugar, 1 pound
- 5 tbsp Meringue Powder
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract, or flavour of your choice
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup Warm Water
- Stir the icing sugar and meringue powder in a mixing bowl.
- In a glass measuring cup stir the vanilla extract into the measured warm water.
- Turn the kithenaide or mixer on lowest setting and slowly add the water mixture to the icing sugar mixture. The icing will become thick. Continue to add water until it becomes a honey consistency. Then stop adding water and mix on medium speed for 2 minutes. The icing will become thick and fluffy.
- When you are piping around the edge of a cookie, the icing should be the consistency of toothpaste. The flooding consistency should be liquid soap. Just add 1/4 tsp warm water at a time to reach the proper consistency. It doesn't take much water to change how thick the icing is!