I made this pie from a fresh pumpkin. Roasted the pumpkin in my oven. It was very easy and it adds a nice flavour, plus keeps all the nutrients! You can print the recipe below, hope you enjoy!
This is not my ‘normal’ pumpkin pie recipe, but I am glad that I experimented. My family loved it, and fought to cut the pie into smaller pieces so they could have it more times! Hope your family enjoys as well.
Fresh (Roasted) Pumpkin Pie
- 415 grams Roasted Pumpkin, mashed
- 1/2 cup Rice Milk or dairy milk if you wish
- 153 grams Egg approximately 3, depending on the size
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 tbsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Cloves
- 1/4 tsp Nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Cut your small pumpkin in half.
- Scoop out the seeds.
- Roast in oven for 45 minutes, let cool and scoop out the flesh of the pumpkin.
- Mash the pumpkin into a puree.
- In your kitchenaide bowl, add the mashed pumpkin, rice milk (or dairy if using), eggs, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves. Beat for 4-5 minutes.
- Prepare pie crust or bring out frozen pie crust. See notes below on ideas on pie crusts.
- Pour pumpkin mixture into prepared pie crust.
- I cut out leaves and place on the top of the pie.
- Brush crust with a bit of milk and sprinkle with raw sugar.
- Bake pie at 400 degrees F for 15 minutes, then turn down the oven to 375 degrees F and bake for 30 minutes.
- You will know it is done by putting a knife in the middle of the pie and it comes out clean. Let the pie cool completely before eating. Then enjoy!