~ Tastes & Smells of Fall
Gluten, Dairy & Egg Free
Last night I picked some more apples from our tree and made some baked apples. They are simple to make yet taste great and make your house smell wonderful! If you can’t tolerate oats, look at the notes at the bottom of the recipe for alternatives.
- 1/4 cup Brown Rice Flour
- 1/4 cup Gluten Free Oat Flour Use rice flour if you can't tolerate oats.
- 1/2 cup Gluten Free Oats Use Quinoa Flakes if you can't tolerate oats.
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup Pecans, coarsley chopped
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 cup Butter or Dairy Free Margarine
- 1 tbsp Chia
- 4 Apples
- Core your apple(s) with a pairing knife. If you cut down the core from the top and then from the bottom … that is the easiest way to do it!
- Make the topping below and then push the 'crumble' down inside of the apple and pack it in tight. You should have enough to do 4 apples.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 15 to 20 minutes.
- If you bake it too long, your apple will split. It still tastes good, just not as pretty!Serve plain, with ice cream or whipped cream.Enjoy!
- In a bowl measure rice flour, GF oat flour, GF Oats, brown sugar, pecans, cinnamon and chia (optional).. Stir til well combined.
- Cut in dairy free hard margarine or butter.
- Then take your hands and rub all of the ingredients together until it is evenly combined and crumbly.
Save your hands! If peeling and coring apples hurts your hands, like me … try out this handy contraption that makes it easy on your hands and quicker. This recipe you keep the peel on and you can change the settings to make it just core the apple. Enjoy!