Free from Gluten, Dairy, Egg and other allergens.
My celiac teen loves fresh tortillas that are warm from the oven. They taste great with salsa, guacamole, artichoke dip or just about anything! They are much healthier than a bag of chips and when I make my home made salsa from our garden ~ the combination is pretty tasty and healthy!
I buy Grimm’s Corn tortillas or La Tortilla Factory’s gluten free tortillas. Both of these brands are free from gluten, dairy, and a lot of other allergens . Plus, in our opinion, these two brands taste great and they don’t easily break. Here is the very simple recipe.
- 1 package Tortilla's I Use GRIMMS GF Corn packae or La Tortilla Factory GF Ancient Grain Teff package
- Take a pastry brush and lightly brush olive or canola oil on each side of the torillas.
- Sprinkle the tortillas lightly with salt.
- Cut each tortilla into 6 equal triangles.
- Place on a baking sheet. Make sure they are not overlapping.
- Bake in a 350 degree F oven for 5 minutes.
- Take pan out of oven and with tongs turn each tortilla over.
- Return sheet to oven and bake tortillas for 7-10 minutes. Watch closely, as you don't want them to get brown … just crispy!
- Take out of oven when crispy and place pan on cooling rack.