We bought some fresh peaches and I decided to turn some of the case into a pie. There is nothing like a fresh peach pie from the oven. If you don’t have fresh peaches, I have made this recipe with frozen peaches … just make sure you thaw them first.
My Dad was a professional baker for 50ish years. Peach Pie is his favourite … I think I’ll have to make another one and have him over to get him to critique it! If you make this pie, leave a comment or send me a message to let me know if your family enjoyed.
- 7 cups Sliced Peaches, Fresh or Frozen
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 3 tablespoons Minute Tapioca
- 1.5 tablespoons Corn Starch
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon Nutmeg
- Pie Crust read notes below on how to get my recipe or suggestions on one to buy
- Put sliced peaches into a large bowl.
- Add sugar, minute tapioca, cornstarch, cinnamon and nutmeg to peaches and stir well. Let the mixture sit on your counter as you make and roll out the pie crust.
- If you are making my pie dough or your own, roll it out, place in a pie plate and pinch the top edges. Set to the side. Or grab a frozen gluten free pie crust and set out to defrost on the counter. Pour the peach mixture into the crust and spread out evenly.
- On top of the pie’s pastry, use a pastry brush to put a thin layer of milk (or rice milk). Sprinkle raw course sugar ontop of the thin layer of milk. This is optional but it makes it shimmer and brown nicely.
- Bake for 15 minutes in 425 degree F oven and then reduce heat to 375 degrees F. Cook for an additional 25 minutes.
- You can tell it is done when the pie filling is bubbling and pie crust is slightly browned. Cool on a rack before serving.
- With the extra pie dough, I always make some little 'hand pies' for a treat warm out of the oven for my family.
- The tradition comes from my Gram, and my family loves! Hope you give it a try … the instructions are included in my video demo.