A slice of this loaf on your patio or over a cup of coffee is so refreshing. It is moist and has great lemon flavour. Hope you enjoy!
- 1/2 cup Canola Oil
- 2 Eggs Room Temperature
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 3 tablespoons Cream Room Temperature
- 1/3 cup Milk Room Temperature
- 50 grams Lemon Juice, Fresh Squeezed
- 10 grams Lemon Rind
- 2 Cups My 1:1 Flour If you use a diffrent 1:1, if it has xanthan gum or guar gum do not add for this recipe. As my flour does not have.
- 1 3/4 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Xanthan Gum
- Grease loaf pan, set aside.
- In a bowl, measure the flour, soda, baking powder, salt and xanthan gum. Whisk well.
- In your Kitchen Aide Mixing Bowl, pace the room temperature egs, oil, milk, cream, lemon juice, zest and xanthan gum. On low speed and paddle, beat for 30 seconds.
- Add the whisked dry ingredients to the wet and beat for 1 minute. Scrape sides and beat for 30 seconds. Pour dough into greased loaf pan and let sit for 15 minutes.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Bake for 40-50 minutes. Let the loaf sit in pan, on cooling rack, for 10 minutes. Then take a thin skewer and poke many holes all over the top of the loaf. Pour prepared glaze slowly over top and they glaze will soak into holes. Let it sit in the pan an additional 10 minutes then carefully take out and let it cool longer on rack. This loaf can be eaten warm or cooled. Enjoy!
- As loaf bakes, make this simple lemon glaze.
- Stir together 1/2 cup icing sugar and 50 grams lemon juice (fresh squeezed).
I use a digital scale to measure many of my ingredients. The reason for this, is if I said the rind of a lemon … you will have a different amount each time based on the size of the lemon. I find it tastes best with my flour blend. You can get it at this link. I also like Kinnnkiinnick’s, but if you use this blend do not add the Xanthan Gum in recipe. If you need Xanthan Gum and can’t find in your local store, you can get it delivered to you from online. If you want to learn tips and techniques to make great muffins and loaves, you can download my muffin e-cookbook. Plus you will get my family’s favourite muffin recipes.