My daughter loves these muffins for lunch with a bowl of fruit and yogurt. Gluten Free lunches for school can get challenging to find new ideas, I hope you give them a try and enjoy.
Banana Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Muffins
- 4 medium Bananas, mashed
- 2 Eggs
- 1/4 cup Oil
- 1/4 cup Skim Milk
- 1 1/2 cups My 1:1 Gluten Free Blend or use Kinnikinnick's
- 1 cup Gluten Free Oats
- 1/2 cup White Sugar
- 2 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 3/4 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Xanthan Gum If using Kinnikinnick's Blend omit Xanthan Gum
- 1/2 cup Chocolate Chips Can use Carob Chips if can't eat chocolate
- With a fork, mix all wet ingredients in a bowl and set to the side.
- Measure the dry ingredients into a second bowl. Use a whisk to mix well.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix well.
- Fill Muffin Cups with dough. I use a scoop to make it fast and easy. Plus, my husband is a diabetic and counts carbs. Each muffin is exactly the same size so it is easy to calcualte carbs.
- I put two to three chocolate chips on top of the muffins, before I bake.
- Bake at 400 degress F for 20 -25 minutes.
If you are a celiac, not everyone can tolerate gluten free oats. If you can tolerate oats, this brand is easy to find or click on bag to get it online. If you can’t, you could substitute oats with quinoa flakes. My flour recipe you can find by clicking photo below or you can get Kinnikinnick’s flour at your local store or online by clicking box Xanthan Gum can be found in grocery or natural food stores. If you have any trouble finding it, here is a link to find it online. I use scoops to measure dough into my muffin tins, it makes it quick and less messy. Plus, I can calculate the carbs easily for my diabetic hubby and they are the same each time I make them. I have a muffin e-cookbook that has a page of tips and techniques to make any muffin recipe better. It also gives you all of my families favourite muffin recipes. Click on the book, if you would like to download. Enjoy!