My daughter loves these muffins for lunch with a bowl of fruit and yogurt. Gluten Free lunches for school can get challenging to find new ideas, I hope you give them a try and enjoy.
Banana Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Muffins
- 4 medium Bananas, mashed
- 2 Eggs
- 1/4 cup Oil
- 1/4 cup Skim Milk
- 1 1/2 cups My 1:1 Gluten Free Blend or use Kinnikinnick's
- 1 cup Gluten Free Oats
- 1/2 cup White Sugar
- 2 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 3/4 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Xanthan Gum If using Kinnikinnick's Blend omit Xanthan Gum
- 1/2 cup Chocolate Chips Can use Carob Chips if can't eat chocolate
- With a fork, mix all wet ingredients in a bowl and set to the side.
- Measure the dry ingredients into a second bowl. Use a whisk to mix well.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix well.
- Fill Muffin Cups with dough. I use a scoop to make it fast and easy. Plus, my husband is a diabetic and counts carbs. Each muffin is exactly the same size so it is easy to calcualte carbs.
- I put two to three chocolate chips on top of the muffins, before I bake.
- Bake at 400 degress F for 20 -25 minutes.