The smell of muffins baking make me feel like home. They some how take me back to being a kid. This morning, I made a couple of adjustments to my attached recipe. My celiac son and I enjoyed one and they turned out really well. They have a nice flavour and texture. They are very soft and non crumbly. I hope you give them a try and enjoy!
I would normally say, ‘Do NOT make adjustments’ to gluten free recipes and measure exact …. or it won’t turn out! BUT as you get comfortable with gluten free baking and understand the ‘whys’ and ‘hows’ of gluten free baking … you can start to experiment with recipes and be successful!
These are the adjustments that I made today to the recipe below;
- 1/4 cup cream & 1/2 cup skim milk (instead of 3/4 cup skim milk)
- 3/4 cup fresh blueberries (instead of 1 cup)
- 1/4 cup frozen blueberries – microwaved until completely thawed then mashed with a fork to make a paste. Added to wet ingredients.
- Just sprinkled some raw sugar on top of the unbaked muffins instead of oatmeal topping
The original recipe has great texture and taste and the few adjustments from today also have great texture and taste. You choose which you want to try. The photo above shows the inside of today’s muffin. Hope you enjoy!
Gram’s Blueberry Muffins – gluten-free style!
- 1 3/4 cup My 1:1 GF Flour
- 1/4 tsp Xantham Gum
- 1 tbsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1/4 cup Melted Margarine (or Butter if you prefer) Block Parkay Margarine is what I use as it is dairy free.
- 1 Egg
- 3/4 cup Milk Use non-flavoured milk substitue if needed
- 1 tsp Vanila
- 1 cup Blueberries frozen or fresh will work!
- 2 tbsp Gluten Free Oats
- 1 tbsp Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
Gluten Free KOB
Both are downloadable and you can start and stop the videos and watch them whenever it works for you. The recipes are all attached and you have access to them whenever you need. The MINI course is the cost of a couple bags of bagels … instead of buying you will now be able to make your own!!! You will learn tips and techniques on how to make muffins, cookies, pizza crust, bagels and my 1:1 flour. Hope you give it a try and feel equipped to bake gluten free in your home.
Includes my families favourite recipes and a page of essential tips and techniques to be successful with gluten free muffin baking.