My family loves this for lunch or supper with a side salad. If you are thinking of an idea for Mother’s Day … why don’t you give this recipe below a try. It’s fresh and light and perfect for a Mother’s Day lunch! I love using the fresh eggs from my acreage.
If you do not have all of the ingredients in the recipe, feel free to change out the veggies or meat for what you do have in your fridge or garden. My husband is dairy free, so I always make him his own. You will see the dairy free substitutes in the recipe.
- 7 Eggs
- 1 cup Skim Milk (I use Cashew Milk when making DF)
- 115 grams Cheddar Cheese, grated (I use Soy Cheese when making DF)
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Pepper
- 1/8 tsp Nutmeg
- 3 tbsp Red Onion
- 3/4 cup Mushrooms, chopped
- 50 grams Spinach roughly chopped
- 80 grams Gluten Free Cold Meat – Turkey
- 50 gram Red Pepper
- 1 tsp Olive Oil
- Heat oil in small fry pan. Add red onion and mushroom. Cook for 2-3 minutes and remove from heat.
- Place grated cheese in bottom of greased pie plate.
- Then place the spinach, red pepper, turkey, cooked onion and mushrooms. Set to the side.
- In a bowl, whisk the milk, eggs, salt, pepper, and nutmeg.
- Pour the egg mixture evenly ontop of the cheese and veggies.
- Place quiche into a 350 F degree oven. Bake for 45-50 minutes.
- You will know it is cooked when the middle does not look liquidy and a knife comes out clean. Take it out of the oven and let it sit for 5 minutes. Then enjoy!