What a wonderful smell of warm gooey chocolate chip cookies coming out of the oven. Do you want to make some for your kids after school? Or for the weekend? Click on the recipe below, print and enjoy!
Gluten Free cookies taste the BEST the first day you make them. These are fine on the counter for a few days but since fresh is the best, I freeze my cookie dough into balls on a baking pan (flatten just like I was going to bake them). Then I put the prepared cookie dough balls, on the pan, and into my freezer. Once they are completely frozen, I put the cookie ‘hockey pucks’ into a ziplock freezer bag or container and then put them back into the freezer for future use. Then, I bring out one or a few cookie ‘hockey pucks’ at a time and enjoy a warm fresh cookie. My celiac, and non celiac teen LOVE warm cookies coming out of the oven after school. I seem like an amazing mom … but really I only took them out of the freezer! It’s a win win!
Ultimate Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup Margarine I use a solid margarine
- 3/4 cup White Sugar
- 1/3 cup Brown Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 2 cups My All Purpose Flour or Kinnikinnick 1:1 Flour Blend See notes below for my recipe and notes about Kinnikinnick Flour
- 1 teaspoon Xantham Gum
- 1 cup Chopped Pecans, optional
- 2 cups Chocolate Chps
- Cream margarine and sugar for 3 minutes. Add sugars, beat thoroughly.
- Bean in eggs, vanilla, baking soda, cinnamon and flour.
- Stir in nuts and chocolate chips.
- Use your small or medium scoop and drop cookies onto parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Flatten each cookie with the palm of your hand or a fork that has been dipped in water.
- You can place a chocolate chip and/or a nut on top of each cookie. I found heart chocolates and placed one on top of each cookie before I baked.
- Bake in a 375 F degree oven for 8 to 11 minutes.
- If you want a chewy cookie, bake it until the sides of the cookie are brown and the middle is still soft.
- Set the cookie sheet on a cooling rack to cool for 10 minutes. Do not touch the cookies or they will crumble. After they have cooled for 10 minutes, use a flipper and transfer cookies to cooling rack to cool completely.
- These cookies taste great warm, so go ahead and enjoy a warm chocolate chip cookie!